You may say "u-channel" or "u channel", we say "perimeter channel" - a very versatile glass framing product. Beginning as a companion part to Stella’s structural glass walls, the labour-saving details of our perimeter channels have led to their popularity as a stand-alone glazing solution with options available for a variety of glass thicknesses.
PC3710 Thermally-Broken Perimeter Channel
Our PC3710 Perimeter Channel is thermally broken.
It accommodates glass thicknesses from 25.5 to 37.5mm [1″ to 1 1/2″].
While there’s nothing “standard” about it – it’s a standard product for us – meaning we keep it in stock for shorter lead times.
This product is typically chosen for exterior structural glass walls.
It can be used on point-supported glass walls but does not need to be – it’s a popular stand-alone product for non point-supported glass walls too.
Looking for a huge non-operable window wall for your custom home? This product can be used here too!
How Stella Perimeter Channels Reduce On-Site Labour Hours
- Dry-fitted glazing gaskets – no waiting for wet silicone to cure
- Glazing clips – glass is positioned first, then clipped in place
- Easy connection – pieces slide into each other, then screw together
- DIY or fully-fabricated package – Can be supplied in 12ft lengths to cut on-site or we can take care of all the details – cut to length and pre-drilled with drainage and fixing holes, complete with all the connection hardware included
- Ledge brackets – Optional inserted shelf brackets eliminate the need for spider fittings at wall edges and allow the glass to be stacked without transferring loads to the panel below
- Clean joint connections at horizontal, vertical and corner junctions
- Drainage slots for weather performance
- Made of 6063-T5 aluminum – specifically sourced for hardness and structural strength
- Large selection of finishes including mill, anodized (clear, black, bronze), two-coat Duranar paint matched to your sample, and brushed stainless steel cladding