You may say "u-channel" or "u channel", we say "perimeter channel" - a very versatile glass framing product. Beginning as a companion part to Stella’s structural glass walls, the labour-saving details of our perimeter channels have led to their popularity as a stand-alone glazing solution with options available for a variety of glass thicknesses.
PC2108 Non-Thermally Broken Perimeter Channel
Our PC2108 Perimeter Channel is non-thermally broken.
It accommodates glass thicknesses from 10 to 19mm [3/8″ to 3/4″].
While there’s nothing “standard” about it – it’s a standard product for us – meaning we keep it in stock for shorter lead times.
This product is typically chosen for interior applications (offices or retail storefronts in shopping centres).
It can be used on point-supported glass walls but does not need to be – it’s a popular stand-alone product for non point-supported glass walls too.
How Stella Perimeter Channels Reduce On-Site Labour Hours
- Dry-fitted glazing gaskets – no waiting for wet silicone to cure
- Glazing clips – glass is positioned first, then clipped in place
- Easy connection – pieces slide into each other, then screw together
- DIY or fully-fabricated package – Can be supplied in 12ft lengths to cut on-site or we can take care of all the details – cut to length and pre-drilled with drainage and fixing holes, complete with all the connection hardware included
- Ledge brackets – Optional inserted shelf brackets eliminate the need for spider fittings at wall edges and allow the glass to be stacked without transferring loads to the panel below
- Clean joint connections at horizontal, vertical and corner junctions
- Drainage slots for weather performance
- Made of 6063-T5 aluminum – specifically sourced for hardness and structural strength
- Large selection of finishes including mill, anodized (clear, black, bronze), two-coat Duranar paint matched to your sample, and brushed stainless steel cladding