Versatile edge-support glass system
Initially conceived for a major transit line in California – this custom-designed clip system has the versatility to be used in many applications.
Project Challenge – A request for edge-supported glass hardware that met specific performance (& transit) requirements. There were no catalog solutions for this problem.
Following Stella’s usual collaborative approach (& building on our 20-plus years of transit expertise), we developed the Uni-Clipz System.
Key Design Features of this Product:
- Clean Appearance – A key distinguishing feature of the Clipz is that there are no visible screws on the face of the clip.
- Structurally Strong – Clipz have a sleek, minimal appearance (to keep the focus on the gorgeous glass art vs. its supporting structure), and are also a heavy-duty construction clip that can take heavy wind and dead loads. There is zero chance of glass slippage with Uni-Clipz’ strong connection (more than a common friction fit); there is also a ledge that the glass sits on.
- Ease of Installation/Glass Replacement – Glass panels can be replaced individually without taking apart the whole system, saving time and money should alterations be needed in the future.
- Reduced Glass Fabrication Costs – Uni-Clipz takes up to 16mm [5/8”] thick glass with no notches or holes needed in glass.
- Tamper Resistant – This was a major consideration; Uni-Clipz has no visible face connections meaning reduced temptation for wandering hands waiting at transit stops.
- Flexible design – Uni-Clipz was created as a complete family to accommodate multiple applications (left, right, intermediate connections) and can be rotated for further flexibility.